FASS Inc. is seeking a technical copy editor for monthly scientific journals, newsletters, and other projects.
Duties for this in-house position include
- Working with documents in various digital forms
- Editing according to established style guides
- Reviewing, marking, and correcting copy for grammatical and typing errors
- Proofreading approved production copy against Word documents
- Bachelor’s degree in science with technical/copy editing experience or a bachelor’s degree in English, communications, or journalism and a strong interest in technical scientific material
- A minimum of one year of experience in editing scientific materials or academic journals; BELS-eligible preferred
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively, take last-minute requests, and work well under pressure
- Strong computer skills and thorough knowledge of MS Office products
Competitive salary and excellent benefits. Position is located in our office in Champaign, Illinois. To apply, send a letter of interest, résumé, and salary requirements to email@example.com or mail Technical Editor Search, FASS Inc., 1800 S. Oak St., STE 100, Champaign, IL 61820. No phone calls. EOE. Deadline for applications is January 31, 2020.